If playing the bass is your life and you can’t imagine doing anything else as a career, then studying a Music Performance Diploma at HCM Letchworth, HCM Milton Keynes or HCM Ware can help get you where you want to be.
Studying a one-year Level 2 Music Performance Diploma in Bass will help you develop your bass playing technique, musical knowledge, and performance skills, and for those who didn’t perform as well in their GCSEs as they’d hoped, they can retake their math and/or English GCSEs or Functional Skills while studying music.
Studying a two-year Level 3 Music Performance Diploma in Guitar is comparable to taking three A-levels and is another exciting way of approaching your sixth form learning. During your time with us, you’ll become an accomplished bassist and performer who understands the ins and outs of the modern music industry.
The HCM Bass Guitar course for UK and EU students aged 18 or under* are free, and there are also funding options available for those aged 19+.
When you study a Bass Guitar course at HCM Music College, you’ll explore a range of techniques on your instrument, including:
- Slapping and popping
- Notation, chart and TAB reading
- Developing sight reading and session skills
- Embedded instrument maintenance, such as string changing and intonation
- Advanced styles and techniques, such as fretless and five and six string bass playing
- Working with drummers and other members of the rhythm section
- DI and bass effect pedal skills
- Embedded music theory and knowledge
- Songs from genres including rock, soul, jazz and funk, especially chosen to help you explore the bass techniques you’re studying and put them into context