As a HCM Music Diploma student, you’ll have the opportunity to participate in a range of activities designed to give you first-hand insight and understanding of the modern music industry.
There will be chances to participate in songwriting and performance masterclasses, Q&A sessions with artists, managers, music executives, technical wizards and instrument manufacturers, backstage tours of gigs and festivals, and trips to West End shows. There’s a £100 fee to pay at the beginning of your course which contributes towards your trips and activities throughout the year… but you’ll agree it’s worth it when you see what we’ve got in store for you!
Our music industry experiences change every semester, but some recent activities have included:
- A backstage tour of V Festival and Wireless Festival
- A viewing of stage set-ups for Muse and Duran Duran at London’s O2 Arena
- Talks from artists, songwriters, tour managers and major manufacturers
- Presentations from specialist music universities
- A talk by the Musicians’ Union
- An experience day at our partner college ICMP
- A trip to Marshall Amps
- An experience day at the Corps of Army Music
- Trips to West End shows such as ‘The Commitments’, ‘Sunny Afternoon’, ‘Jersey Boys’ including Q&A sessions with cast, musicians and backstage crew
- Fundraising activities to raise money for our music therapy charity partner Nordoff Robbins