At HCM Music College, we know that not all schools have the internal resources required for dedicated musical instrument lessons for their students.
So we’ve developed our music in schools service which works closely with individual education providers to offer bespoke instrument teaching to suit their students. Your school can choose from weekly lessons in guitar, drums, bass, vocals, piano, music technology and choir, on either an individual or group tuition basis, with all requirements specifically adapted to the needs of your school’s music department.
School instrument lessons are generally 30 minutes in length and cost £10 per student per class. They can be taught in groups of up to four pupils at a time or on a one-on-one basis. Pupils will learn to read music and play a selection of songs across a variety of genres. The classes will follow an applicable graded syllabus, and live performances at school will be encouraged so students can monitor their progress and be inspired during their ongoing musical journeys.
Our music teachers
HCM’s tutors all have a strong passion for inspiring children to learn to play musical instruments. Not only are they astounding instrumentalists themselves, but they recognise how young people learn and are confident in communicating often complex musical principles in an easy to understand way.
All our teachers are Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checked as part of Hertfordshire County Council’s DBS team (previously known as CRB) and operate within a strict safeguarding policy. They have also all undertaken both child protection and first aid training.
As part of our provision, our tutors will help showcase the music lesson students and their talent to your wider school. End of term concerts, school assemblies and fêtes are perfect opportunities to give pupils the experience of playing live – the more live performances they do, the more their confidence grows, and this can have a direct impact on their graded study results. We’ll work with your school to make these exciting occasions happen, supporting and preparing your students before, during and after the big event. We’ll also communicate with parents and relatives to encourage them to come and see their child perform.
How our music in schools service can benefit your school
Our music in schools service offers a number of specific benefits, including:
- We provide all musical instrument equipment free of charge to your school.
- Our music lessons are very affordable at £10 per student per lesson.
- We can deal with all administration and financial matters to avoid any unnecessary stress on your teachers or school office.
- We happily communicate directly with parents, ensuring the highest level of customer service.
- We strive to deal with any problems ourselves, directly, quickly and efficiently.
Our existing schools
Some schools already using our musical instrument teaching service include:
- Forres Primary School, Hoddesdon
- Knights Templar School, Baldock
- Sacred Heart Primary School, Ware
- Fairfields Primary School, Cheshunt
- Hurst Drive Primary School, Waltham Cross
- Cuffley Primary School, Cuffley
- Goffs Oak Primary School, Goffs Oak
- Cranbourne School, Hoddesdon
- Christ Church Primary School, Ware
- St Mary’s C of E Junior School, Ware
- Simon Balle School, Hertford
- Presdales School, Ware
- Tonwell School, Ware
- Wareside School, Ware
- All Saints School, Bishops Stortford
- Chancellors School, Welwyn
If you’re a parent and your child is interested in lessons and currently at one of the above schools, please contact us on 01920 460646 for more information.
Enrol your school
If you’d like to learn more about having HCM’s music in schools service come to your school, please contact us on 01920 460646 or email email@example.com